75 Powerful Hope Quotes That Will Lift Your Spirit
Hi everyone! I really hope that you will enjoy reading these wonderful Hope Quotes.
Hope is a great power that pushes us forward even in worst times of our life. It is what makes us keep going, never giving up and looking for a better future.
We can get hope from many sources, like our friends, family, faith and even the messages of others. This is the reason why Hope Quotes can be so influential. They can lift our spirit, and offer us great motivation and encouragement when we are in need of that.
The following Hope Quotes come as a reminder for us that no matter how hard times we may have right now, there are always many reasons to stay hopeful for a better future.
Related: 25 Great Purpose Quotes.
75 Powerful Hope Quotes
1. “You can cut all the flowers but you cannot keep Spring from coming.” — Pablo Neruda
2. “Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence.” — Helen Keller
3. “Hope can be a powerful force. Maybe there’s no actual magic in it, but when you know what you hope for most and hold it like a light within you, you can make things happen, almost like magic.” — Laini Taylor
4. “They say a person needs just three things to be truly happy in this world: someone to love, something to do, and something to hope for.” — Tom Bodett
5. “Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.” — Albert Einstein
6. “Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever.” — Roy T. Bennett
7. “Hope is a waking dream.” — Aristotle
8. “In fact, hope is best gained after defeat and failure, because then inner strength and toughness is produced.” — Fritz Knapp
9. “I always entertain great hopes.” — Robert Frost
10 of 75 Hope Quotes
10. “I don’t think of all the misery, but of the beauty that still remains.” — Anne Frank
11. “There is some good in this world, and it’s worth fighting for.” — J.R.R. Tolkien
12. “You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” — C.S. Lewis
13. “Far away there in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them but I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them, and try to follow them.” — Louisa May Alcott
14. “Every cloud has a silver lining.” — John Milson
15. “Let your hopes, not your hurts, shape your future.” — Robert H. Schuller
16. “A leader is a dealer in hope.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
17. “To live without hope is to cease to live.” — Fyodor Dostoyevsky
18. “Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.” — Harriet Tubman
19. “When you’re at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on.” — Theodore Roosevelt
Related: 30 Wonderful Positive Attitude Quotes.
20 of 75 Powerful Hope Quotes
20. “All kids need is a little help, a little hope and somebody who believes in them.” — Magic Johnson
21. “Darkness comes. In the middle of it, the future looks blank. The temptation to quit is huge. Don’t. You are in good company… You will argue with yourself that there is no way forward. But with God, nothing is impossible. He has more ropes and ladders and tunnels out of pits than you can conceive. Wait. Pray without ceasing. Hope.” — John Piper
22. “You may not always have a comfortable life and you will not always be able to solve all of the world’s problems at once but don’t ever underestimate the importance you can have because history has shown us that courage can be contagious and hope can take on a life of its own.” — Michelle Obama
23. “All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.” — Winston Churchil
24. “May your choices reflect your hopes, not your fears.” — Nelson Mandela
25. “Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.” — Dale Carnegie
26. “Hope is important because it can make the present moment less difficult to bear. If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today.” — Thich Nhat Hanh
27. “I inhale hope with every breath I take.” — Sharon Kay Penman
28. “This new day is too dear, with its hopes and invitations, to waste a moment on the yesterdays.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
29. “We need hope, or else we cannot endure.” —Sarah J. Maas
30 of 75 Hope Quotes
30. “Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for.” — Epicurus
31. “Plant seeds of happiness, hope, success, and love; it will all come back to you in abundance. This is the law of nature.” —Steve Maraboli
32. “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” — Eleanor Roosevelt
33. “You are full of unshaped dreams… You are laden with beginnings… There is hope in you…” — Lola Ridge
34. “There is no medicine like hope, no incentive so great, and no tonic so powerful as expectation of something tomorrow.” — O. S. Marden
35. “When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hang on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn.” — Harriet Beecher Stowe
36. “Never give up. Expect only the best from life and take action to get it.” — Catherine Pulsifer
37. “Hope is like a road in the country; there was never a road, but when many people walk on it, the road comes into existence.” — Lin Yutang
38. “In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer.” — Albert Camus
39. “Learn to ask even when you feel weak. Learn to work even if you don’t want to. Learn to hope even when the odds are against you.” — Maxime Lagacé
Related: 30 Wonderful Healing Quotes.
40 of 75 Hope Quotes
40. “Hope is the power of being cheerful in circumstances that we know to be desperate.” — G.K. Chesterton
41. “I am prepared for the worst, but hope for the best.” — Benjamin Disraeli
42. “When you have lost hope, you have lost everything. And when you think all is lost, when all is dire and bleak, there is always hope.” — Pittacus Lore
43. “A strong mind always hopes, and has always cause to hope.” — Thomas Carlyle
44. “We have always held to the hope, the belief, the conviction that there is a better life, a better world, beyond the horizon.” — Franklin D. Roosevelt
45. “Hang on to your hat. Hang on to your hope. And wind the clock, for tomorrow is another day.” — E.B. White
46. “Deep grief sometimes is almost like a specific location, a coordinate on a map of time. When you are standing in that forest of sorrow, you cannot imagine that you could ever find your way to a better place. But if someone can assure you that they themselves have stood in that same place, and now have moved on, sometimes this will bring hope.” — Elizabeth Gilbert
47. “This is where it all begins. Everything starts here, today.” — David Nicholls
48. “Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul and sings the tune without the words and never stops at all.” — Emily Dickinson
49. “But I know, somehow, that only when it is dark enough can you see the stars.” — Martin Luther King, Jr.
50 of 75 Hope Quotes
50. “You will face many defeats in your life, but never let yourself be defeated.” — Maya Angelou
51. “Hope never abandons you, you abandon it.” — George Weinberg
52. “Sanity may be madness but the maddest of all is to see life as it is and not as it should be.” — Don Quixote
53. “Courage, it would seem, is nothing less than the power to overcome danger, misfortune, fear, injustice, while continuing to affirm inwardly that life with all its sorrows is good; that everything is meaningful even if in a sense beyond our understanding; and that there is always tomorrow.” — Dorothy Thompson
54. “Keep your best wishes close to your heart and watch what happens.” — Tony DeLiso
55. “As long as we have hope, we have direction, the energy to move, and the map to move by.” — Lao Tzu
56. “Hope is not an emotion; it’s a way of thinking or a cognitive process.” — Brené Brown
57. “I have learned to use the word impossible with the greatest caution.” — Werner von Braun
58. “The darkest hours are just before dawn.” — English Proverb
59. “No matter where you’re from, your dreams are valid.” — Lupita Nyong’o
60 of 75 Hope Quotes
60. “The very least you can do in your life is figure out what you hope for. And the most you can do is live inside that hope. Not admire it from a distance but live right in it, under its roof.” — Barbara Kingsolver
61. “Everything that is done in the world is done by hope.” — Martin Luther
62. “You cannot swim for new horizons until you have courage to lose sight of the shore.” — William Faulkner
63. “Hope is an embrace of the unknown.” — Rebecca Solnit
64. “When you stop hoping you start settling.” — Valorie Burton
65. “Hope arouses, as nothing else can arouse, a passion for the possible.” — William Sloane Coffin
66. “Many things are possible for the person who has hope. Even more is possible for the person who has faith. And still more is possible for the person who knows how to love. But everything is possible for the person who practices all three virtues.” — Brother Lawrence
67. “We always kept in our hearts the most noble, beautiful feeling that sets human beings apart: hope.” — Manel Loureiro
68. “Life is meaningless only if we allow it to be. Each of us has the power to give life meaning, to make our time and our bodies and our words into instruments of love and hope.” — Tom Head
69. “A person can do incredible things if he or she has enough hope.” — Shannon K. Butcher
Related: Amazing Goals Quotes.
70 of 75 Hope Quotes
70. “To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe.” — Anatole France
71. “The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” — Barack Obama
72. “There was never a night or a problem that could defeat sunrise or hope.” — Bernard Williams
73. “Hope itself is like a star – not to be seen in the sunshine of prosperity, and only to be discovered in the night of adversity.” — Charles Spurgeon
74. “The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater.” — J.R.R. Tolkien
75 of 75 Hope Quotes
75. “Hope lies in dreams, in imagination, and in the courage of those who dare to make dreams into reality.” — Jonas Salk
I hope that you got much inspiration after reading these amazing Hope Quotes.
Hope is an important element for us to survive and grow. It offers us the encouragement to fight life’s troubles, the strength to keep going through though times, and the inspiration to work hard to achieve our goals and dreams.
Hope is a great power that has the ability to lift our spirit and motivate us to take steps toward creating a brighter future.
In all time, many famous thinkers, artists, leaders have admitted the importance of hope and have left us their wisdom on hope through their inspirational quotes that keep offering much inspiration for people today.
Hope Quotes are like a reminder of this force, motivating us to stay hopeful and never give up in our journey to achieve our dreams. Allow these Hope Quotes to give you inspiration to keep going on, and build a positive mindset toward having a better tomorrow.