65 Powerful Forgiveness Quotes That Will Inspire You
Hello everyone! In this post, I am going to share with you 65 Inspirational Forgiveness Quotes.
Is there any reason you should forgive someone? Especially if that person has caused you pain. Forgiveness is ‘to stop blaming or being angry with someone for something that person has done, or not punish them for something’ acvording to the Cambridge dictionary.
Forgiveness is very important for your soul. Once you forgive someone, you start getting healed from all the pain. It helps you move on with your life.
In fact, forgiving someone is not something you give only to others, it is also a healing process you give to yourself! Forgiveness is really necessary if we want to live in a praceful world.
Hopefully, you will enjoy and like reading the following Forgiveness Quotes, and that they will inspire you to forgive others for maybe causing you pain in the past. Remember that life is too short to spend it angry at people when you should be focusing on making your life more positive and peaceful.
Related: 30 Wonderful Healing Quotes.
65 Inspirational Forgiveness Quotes
1. “Anger makes you smaller, while forgiveness forces you to grow beyond what you were.” – Cherie Carter-Scott
2. “Kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly, forgive quickly.” – Paulo Coelho
3. “The 3 most powerful resources you have available to you: love, prayer and forgiveness.” – H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
4. “To forgive is to set a prisoner free and discover that the prisoner was you.” – Lewis B. Smedes
5. “Forgiving you is my gift to you. Moving on is my gift to myself.” – Unknown
6. “A life lived without forgiveness is a prison.” – William Arthur Ward
7. “When someone does something wrong, don’t forget all the things they did right.”
8. “Forgiveness is a virtue of the brave.” – Indira Gandhi
9. “Let us forgive each other – only then will we live in peace.” – Leo Tolstoy
10. “Forgiveness isn’t approving what happened. It’s choosing to rise above it.” – Robin Sharma
11. “He who cannot forgive breaks the bridge over which he himself must pass.” – George Herbert
12. “Strive to be first: first to nod, first to smile, first to compliment, and first to forgive.” – Rhonda Byrne
13. “If you can’t forgive and forget, pick one.” – Robert Brault
14. “Love people who hate you. Pray for people who have wronged you. It won’t just change their life…it’ll change yours.” – Mandy Hale
15 of 65 Inspirational Forgiveness Quotes
15. “Forgiveness is not something we do for other people. It’s something we do for ourselves to move on.” – Unknown
16. “How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.” – Wayne Dyer
17. “Forgive others, not because they deserve forgiveness, but because you deserve peace.” – Unknown
18.”Forgiveness is not always easy. At times it feels more painful than the wound we suffered, to forgive the one that inflicted it. And yet, there is no peace without forgiveness.” – Marianne Williamson
19. “The truth is, unless you let go, unless you forgive yourself, unless you forgive the situation, unless you realize that the situation is over, you cannot move forward.” – Steve Maraboli
20. “We live on because we can love, and we love because we can forgive.” – Gregory David Roberts
21. “Forgiveness is not an occasional act, it is a constant attitude.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
22. “Don’t dwell on what went wrong. Instead, focus on what to do next. Spend your energy moving forward together towards an answer.” – Denis Waitley
23. “Forgiveness liberates the victim. It’s a gift you give yourself.” – T. D. Jakes
24. “The first to apologize is the bravest. The first to forgive is the strongest. And the first to forget is the happiest.” – Unknown
25. “There is no love without forgiveness, and there is no forgiveness without love.” – Bryant McGill
26. “Forgiveness is a gift you give yourself.” – Tony Robbins
27. “Forgiveness does not change the past, but it does change the future.” – Uknown
28. “I don’t think there’s anything braver than forgiveness.” – Brené Brown
29. “The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.” – Mahatma Gandhi
Related: 40 Beautiful Freedom Quotes.
30 of 65 Inspirational Forgiveness Quotes
30. “Forgiveness is a reflection of loving yourself enough to move on.” – Steve Maraboli
31. “I can have peace of mind only when I forgive rather than judge.” – Gerald Jampolsky
32. “When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.” – Unknown
33. “Mistakes are always forgivable, if one has the courage to admit them.” – Bruce Lee
34. “Before we can forgive one another, we have to understand one another.” – Emma Goldman
35. “A heart filled with anger has no room for love.” – Joan Lunden
36. “When you choose to forgive those who have hurt you, you take away their power.” – Unknown
37. “Forgiveness is a funny thing. It warms the heart and cools the sting.” – William Arthur Ward
38. “To be wronged is nothing, unless you continue to remember it.” – Confucius
39. “There is nobility in compassion, a beauty in empathy, a grace in forgiveness.” – John Connolly
40. “You’ll never know how strong your heart is until you learn to forgive who broke it.” – Unknown
41. “A happy marriage is the union of two good forgivers.” – Robert Quillen
42. “Always forgive your enemies – nothing annoys them so much.” – Oscar Wilde
43. “Release the anger, forgive them, and move on so that your life can be made better.” – Germany Kent
44. “Sometimes what a person needs most is to be forgiven.” – Jennifer McMahon
45 of 65 Forgiveness Quotes
45. “It takes a strong person to say sorry, and an even stronger person to forgive.” – Unknown
46. “Without forgiveness, there’s no future.” – Desmond Tutu
47. “Though I was unaware of it at the time, that simple act of forgiveness was the beginning of an entirely new level of experiencing life for me.” – Wayne Dyer
48. “Anger makes you smaller, while forgiveness forces you to grow beyond what you were.” – Cherie Carter-Scott
49. “By having a forgiving attitude, you can change your life and the lives of the people you care about most.” – Kathie M. Thomson
50. “Forgiveness is freedom.” – Jenny C. Bell
51. “I believe forgiveness is the best form of love in any relationship. It takes a strong person to say they’re sorry and an even stronger person to forgive.” – Yolanda Hadid
52. “The practice of forgiveness is our most important contribution to the healing of the world.” – Marianne Williamson
53. “It’s one of the greatest gifts you can give yourself, to forgive. Forgive everybody.” – Maya Angelou
54. “Let’s shake free this gravity of judgment, and fly high on the wings of forgiveness.” – India Arie Simpson
55. “Grudges are for those who insist that they are owed something; forgiveness, however, is for those who are substantial enough to move on.” – Criss Jami
56. “You have to work on forgiveness and love, and that includes your own self.” – Unknown
57. “Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
58. “Without forgiveness, life is governed by an endless cycle of resentment and retaliation.” – Roberto Assagioli
59. “Forgiveness is for yourself because it frees you. It lets you out of that prison you put yourself in.” – Louise Hay
Related: 60 Powerful Strength Quotes.
60 of 65 Forgiveness Quotes
60. “Never forget the nine most important words of any family: I love you. You are beautiful. Please forgive me.” – H. Jackson Brown Jr.
61. “We must develop and maintain the capacity to forgive. He who is devoid of the power to forgive is devoid of the power to love.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
62. “Inner peace can be reached only when we practice forgiveness. Forgiveness is letting go of the past, and is therefore the means for correcting our misperceptions.” – Gerald Jampolsky
63. “It’s not an easy journey, to get to a place where you forgive people. But it is such a powerful place, because it frees you.” – Tyler Perry
64. “Forgiveness has an uncanny way of bringing incredible good out of incredibly bad situations.” – Paul J. Meyer
65 of 65 Forgiveness Quotes
65. “You will know that forgiveness has begun when you recall those who hurt you and feel the power to wish them well.” – Lewis B. Smedes
These Forgiveness Quotes come us a reminder for us that forgiveness is very important and can make our life more positive. Remember that forgiveness is not something dedicated for only the person you are forgiving, but it is also for your own peace and happiness.
Get inspired by reading these forgiveness quotes and try to be courageous to forgive others, for the sake of living a healthy life for yourself and those in your surroundings.
I hope that you have enjoyed reading these forgiveness quotes and that they remain a source of inspiration for to forgive others and heal yourself from the wounds.